As a member of the Marketing Leadership Team and reporting to the Vice President Worldwide Marketing, CMO this position directs the planning, implementation and ongoing refinement of integrated operational practices across the Marketing function. This includes the development of processes and procedures, organizational design and planning, collection and analysis of metrics related to operational efficiency, operational reporting, budgetary management and oversight of supporting technology implementations.
Through the establishment of a disciplined governance process and operating cadence, this position will enable a world-class marketing profession capable of achieving predictable results and operational excellence. This position works collaboratively with all functions and levels within the Marketing organization.
The Director of Marketing Operations and Analytics will:
• In conjunction with functional management, lead the Marketing-wide transformation by developing and driving process innovation and continuous improvement across and within the organization to enable efficient and effective marketing. Ensure that all internally deployed business processes effectively interlock with Avid cross-functional processes requiring marketing “handshakes”.
• Work collaboratively with HR and Marketing leadership to define Marketing roles that are in support of the desired “end-state” processes and organization structure. Evaluate “as-is” roles and responsibilities and provide a skills gap analysis and recommendations.
• Develop and implement change management plans to ensure effective adoption of organization design changes. Ensure that all job descriptions clearly identify areas of accountability and their respective role in enabling the overall marketing profession. Develop resource planning and performance metrics.
• In partnership with Finance and Marketing leadership, oversee the function’s budgeting process to meet corporate goals while maximizing marketing investments. Conduct regular reviews and monitor progress against department objectives. Recommend course corrections as needed.
• Facilitate a measurement-centric culture that is insight driven. Provide reliable, consistent and timely results of marketing activities and planned outcomes with strategic goals, that measure Marketing’s contribution to Avid’s business. Establish and maintain the function’s operational dashboards that report marketing investment, resources and performance.
• Oversee the elicitation of business requirements for technology investments for the marketing function. Oversee business case development, RFPs and vendor recommendation and selection. Influence release management strategies and priorities. Participate in pilot prototype design sessions and User Acceptance Testing. Partner with deployment teams on coordinating end-user training and driving adoption across the marketing functions for investment optimization.
• Facilitate meetings as required in accordance to the established operational cadence. Drive accountability to previously committed actions with regular statusing of outstanding items for purpose of driving them to closure. Measure performance against commitments and end results.
• Provide ongoing and timely communications related to all Marketing Operations-led initiatives. Establish a communications methodology supported by a matrix detailing audience, timing/frequency, communications vehicle and message/content.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience successfully directing a functional operations organization (e.g. marketing ops, sales ops, customer ops, business ops.)
• Excellent operations mindset and capabilities
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to transform data into information used to drive key business decisions
• Experience developing and managing a multi-function budget
• Experience representing business needs and requirements on solution design and implementation
• Experience collecting, modeling and reporting on data; Proven track record developing and maintaining dashboards and metrics reporting
• Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
• Experience leading business process engineering and related organization planning and design
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to execute strategically as well as tactically
• Ability to lead a team of independent thinkers toward consensus